Friday, May 15, 2009

My latest addiction - Exercise Powerball

Been a very bad week for me. First of all my rear springs of my Panda (my car) has broken after few drift attempts. Secondly I'm been sick since Monday and been totally on antibiotics and bedrest

No matter how tiring it is I never stop taking up my practice pad and playing a few drum rudiments at least 10 or 15 minutes a day. It just gives a burst of energy which simply worsens my sickness at night :(

Anyway enough about myself. I'm here to tell you about this awesome ball I got from heaven (well actually it was just randomly given to me by a collegue for absolutely no reason). He was just giving a small demo on how it works and I was just intrigued by all of the neon lights and the way it made his hand move. 

So I took my chances on this crazy looking ball. It was almost totally blue. with a transparent rubber strip going through the middle. It had a digital meter at the top giving a few statistics which I had NOOO idea what of! I was told how it was supposed to be "started". Put a string into a little hole at the bottom which seemed like a wheel and turn the wheel around few times so that the string will go around it and pull hard at it so that the wheel will turn.

Man, it was just unbelievable and I was instantly hooked. This ball was making my hand sweat by just that pull I gave on the wheel. More I made my hand move in a rhythmic motion faster the ball spun and harder it become to hold it. I was hooked and if I could think of superlatives I would use them to describe the immenseness of this addiction :)

I've been playing with this ball for the past two weeks non-stop. It's soooooo addictive. It builds muscle and for sure it will make my drum strokes wayyyyy moreee powerful. It's just awesome.. The best creation I've found in a... well everrr...! Well maybe after the creation of drums maybe.. :)

This ball is nothing more than a Toy Gyroscope. It uses the fundamentals of a gyroscope and from thereon the theory just escapes me. My math day's are forgotten and I just can't be bothered figuring out how exactly it works but I know that IT WORKS!!!

It's been said that the Powerball helps drummers to build strength in the wrists and forearms and I tell you this thing really really does!! I really can feel a strength gain by just using it for like 5 minutes a day for 2 or 3 weeks. Specially your fingers become hardened and powerful you end up getting a rock like finger tips.. It's just awesome for guitar players as well as it really exercises your fingers and wrists and if you work hard even your arms and shoulder areas.

Just try it, I don't think it's that expensive. Give it a try and see.. If anyone has already tried they'd know what I'm talking about.. All my pals whom I have surprised with this ball have been hooked instantly. I think it's just a phenominal discovery..

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mr HR, it must be a drummer thing as I have one of these too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya I think so too.. But I all my friends are hooked on it. This thing is just infectious.

    ReplyDelete