Monday, April 27, 2009

A note from me to you..

Hey everybody, I'm Mr.Hachi Roku and I'm a hardcore music fan. For me everything is about rhythm, music or melody. My life revolves around it and I just adore, love and cherish a good song with a beautiful melody. 

I'd like to think that I'm not your average music lover. Being a musician I am somewhat cursed with the need to,  needlessly at times I must confess, analyse the song in figuring out how the guitar riff is played, how it seams in with the drums, what the drumbeat is and how the vocal melody changes are added. This for me is everything about music but yes, when I'm at work I'm disturbed by my own ways where, I'd suddenly start intensely analysing the song I'm listening to forgetting I'm at work. Most of the time I get laughed at as I start playing either air drums or guitar. :) Probably I'm talking for many of you out there as well.. I hope.. 

Further, I must say that my heart gets attracted to whatever music that is composed of a beautiful melody. Maybe I can give you the range of music I listen to but I'm sure for most of you my 1st love would be morbid, that said I've come across a few people who can appreciate music for being music but mostly I've been ridiculed or even harassed by the masses, yet I stand firm with my taste and would stand by it forever and maybe day more..:) corny..?? hehe.. You start following my blog, you'd get a lot of that...... sorrryyy....!

So... I welcome you all to my blog and hope that all you drummers are ready for a few drum lessons and also to receive some lovely underground music updates  from Sri Lanka and from anywhere there's music.. even from heaven and hell. 

This is me signing off and to all you I'll be called....
Mr.Hachi Roku.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome Heshan, it looks like your blog will be fascinating and I wish you luck. I'll be a regular for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey RD how you doing mate.. Glad I have a following already and specially a fellow drum crazy maniac.. lol.. I'll definitely put up some tabs for songs (well you need to understand that they'll be my own interpretation rather than an exact song's drumming replica). Appreciate your comments.. Love to hear from you more.

    ReplyDelete