Monday, April 27, 2009

Best guitar playing I've heard in a while.. Inspiring.. So alien..

Good morning everyone. Just thought I'd share this guitarist with you. He's just fabulous. Wiki, Google or YouTube him; he's all over the place. This video I'm adding to my post is the most viewed with.. let's here it.. 21 Million views.. It's beautiful. He's known as Andy Mckee...

If any of you had seen the movie August Rush you might have seen this style of playing. Its called the "American Finger Style" and I haven't seen anyone like Andy. There's Don Ross and a few others on YouTube who's rated as good but I just don't get the same feeling inside of me, this warm, cozy, melting feeling when I watch their videos. 

Just watch this video and you let me know what you think. I'm still thankful to my friend Sanjaya Jayawardena for showing me this video on YouTube. I just love this song. The melodies this guy creates using a single hand is just phenomenal. Just mind boggling and simply unearthly. I love this guy. This playing is one of the most inspiring and breath taking. 

Enough talk, let's watch:


7 comments:

  1. well well.. someone has discovered andy mckee :) yes he's quite brilliant, his rendition of Toto's "Africa" jus blows my mind...! im sure u must have heard it by now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. well actually I just wanted to share my fascination with this guy with the rest and Yes I've heard that entire covers release he did.. Actually I've heard his entire list of albums but I only like the last two; art of motion (2005) and The Gates of Gnomeria (2007). Glad there's a good following in SL for Andy. Love his melodies man. I'm a man just born a sucker for beautiful melodies..That's why I can't love Opeth or Nevermore...... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @DeeCee Exact reaction I was looking for as that's exactly what it did to me..

    ReplyDelete
  4. you've obviously heard of John Butler, yes?
    check out his track Ocean, seems to be his best-known song...
    his album Three is my personal favorite, while the self-titled is pretty good too though mostly focused on the instruments... Three establishes a good balance between the lyrics and the music.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ St.Fallen I like your choice of music yet I prefer Andy over John due to the melody and style differences. I prefer Andy's style way more..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't gotten a chance to listen to much of Andy's stuff, just a couple youtube links :(
    do you have any albums?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, to be honest the entire album list. I suggest you start with "Art of motion" and then go to "The Gates of Gnomeria". Art of motion is the best.

    ReplyDelete