Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A new world order.. A thought pattern illusionist..

After a few posts on my music related blog I've been pulled into a world of political liability and I'm bad at that as I would not look pass my 1st impression. But hey.. If you and I ever had similar thoughts we'd all be friends and we all will live happily ever after. But the saddest and most known truth is that it's not the case.. duh...!

Well, I think my music mind is asking for an article but my day-job mind says no, so right now my brains listening to a heavy tune of retaliation while my ears are listening to a band called "Heed", one of my recent favourites. My winamp is constantly filled with Heed for a special reason; that is Daniel Heiman. Got to say, that's a funny surname. But this guy has one of the best power metal vocals I've heard. Yes, that comment alone will beckon a retaliation from the power metal junkies but I have my own justifiable reasons for this.

For me music is a way of life and a sustainer of energy. It keeps me going and a song without it's appeal to me will be just another Paris Hilton. So uniqueness and melody (as I keep saying) is important and Daniel has a voice that has range, strength and at the same time strangely enough depth. I love his earlier project "Lost Horizon". 

For all you who haven't heard here's the Wiki link: Lost Horizon. Not comprehensive at all but it WILL give you a start. Once again Lost Horizon falls under the almost operatic vocal styled metal sub-genre called Power metal. Big names in this genre would be Halloween, Hammerfall, Iron Maiden, Gamma Ray, Primal Fear, etc, etc.

The key for me to like Lost Horizon is the fact that Daniel has his own unique style embedded in the vocal style. This gives rise to a new type of music which is hardly known to many called "Fantasy" or "Majestic" metal due to it's very much prevalent medieval touch. Another good example of Majestic metal would be Blind Guardian - yet another favourite of mine. 

So coming back to Daniel, his style is so unique at the same time being able to have such a range of extreme high pitch notes is just unbelievable. I just go nut when I hear the almost inaudible high pitch, yet perfectly maintained the melodical style I just adore at the 2:59 minute point of Highlander; a song from Lost Horizon's last album with Daniel called "A flame to the ground beneath". Another awesome demo of this fantastic vocalist would be "Pure" from the same album. 

I'd like to finish this small thought drooling article before I ruin my beauty sleep. As I work for an industry that does not know or believe in giving rest to it's human resources I'm strained quite literally to the brink of breaking down. But I'm glad for my music who'd stand by me everyday being non-judgemental; only to be judged by us - the thought pattern illusionists.....

P.S. Listen to the 20th second of the song "Pure" and you'd know what a perfectly done power metal harmony is. :) Do not forget and listen to the drums. Lost Horizon is a very good example of the style of drumming I'm into. Dynamic, powerful, complex, beautiful, runs on its own and at the same time not so over-the-top to drown the rest of the music. Listen and you'd know what I'm talking about. Please excuse any incomprehensible sentences.. No reviewing at all for this post.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment